How Often Should Your Fire Sprinkler be Inspected and Tested
January 19, 2021 By admin
Fire sprinklers are considered to be important fire protection equipment to keep your building and occupants safe in case of fire. The automatic sprinkler system will act as a defense against fire breaking out and save your business from getting harmed. To maintain the functioning of your fire sprinklers, you should get sprinkler systems inspection services from experts like Apna Fire and Electrical Services Ltd. You will get a whole range of fire protection services, including inspections and official verifications so that your building and occupants remain safe in case of a fire.
Here in this blog, we have mentioned some specific timelines for getting sprinkler systems inspection services. So, let us get started.
How often should you get fire sprinkler inspection services?
You can schedule a fire sprinkler inspection with respect to these following timelines.
- You should inspect gauges in a dry state, pre-action, and deluge systems once a week. If you are going to inspect wet pipe system gauges, then you can schedule inspection on a monthly basis.
- If you are going to keep a check on the proper working of water flow alarm devices, valve supervisory alarm devices, supervisory signal services, and hydraulic nameplates, then you should schedule inspection services on a quarterly basis.
- Inspection of hanger bracing, pipes, and fittings, along with spare sprinklers, should be done once a year.
- Conduct internal sprinkler inspection once every 5 years.
How often should you get fire sprinkler testing services?
To test the sprinkler function, you can schedule fire sprinkler testing services on the following basis:
- To test the effectiveness of a fire sprinkler, you should conduct sprinkler testing every three months.
- The vane and pressure switch must be tested every six months.
- If you want full testing and tagging of your fire sprinkler, then you can schedule a testing appointment once a year. The technician can evenly test water flow, fire pump, anti-freeze concentration test, alarm, and dip tests and check all parts of your fire sprinkler.
- Sprinklers that are exposed to high temperatures should be tested once in 5 years. They can be replaced or repaired if any issue is found.
These are some timelines you can follow to keep a check on the workings of your fire sprinkler. You can get sprinkler system inspection services from Apna Fire and Electrical Services Ltd. which are available at affordable prices.